PVT cell full visibility
PVT (Pressure-Volume-Temperature) analysis bench is used for studying the behavior of fluids under varying pressure, volume, and temperature conditions. It is widely employed in the oil and gas industry to determine the phase behavior and physical properties of hydrocarbon reservoir fluids.
The PVT analysis bench consists of the following components:
- Pressure System: The bench includes a high-pressure system capable of generating and controlling a wide range of pressures encountered in reservoir conditions. It consists of pressure vessels, pumps, pressure regulators, and safety devices to ensure safe operation.
- Volume System: The volume system consists of a sample cell where fluid samples are loaded and subjected to pressure and temperature changes. This cell is equipped with precision piston devices to accurately measure the fluid volume.
- Temperature Control: The bench incorporates a sophisticated temperature control system to regulate the temperature of the fluid samples.
- Fluid Sampling and Injection: The bench allows for the collection of fluid samples from reservoirs or production wells. These samples are carefully collected and introduced into the sample cells for analysis. The injection system ensures controlled and precise introduction of the samples.
- Data Acquisition and Control: The PVT analysis bench is equipped with data acquisition and control systems to monitor and record various parameters such as pressure, volume, temperature, and fluid composition. It employs sensors, transducers, and data loggers to collect accurate and reliable data during the analysis process.
- Mixing and Equilibration: To simulate reservoir conditions accurately, the bench includes mechanisms for mixing and equilibrating fluid samples with different compositions or phases. This ensures that the samples reach thermodynamic equilibrium before analysis.
- Analysis Methods: The bench offers various analysis methods to evaluate phase behavior, fluid properties, and performance characteristics of the tested fluids.
- Safety Features: Given the high pressures and temperatures involved, safety features are an integral part of the PVT analysis bench. These features include pressure relief valves, rupture disks, interlocks, and emergency shutdown systems to ensure the safety of personnel and equipment.
PVT analysis bench provides a controlled environment for comprehensive testing and analysis of fluid samples under conditions resembling those found in reservoirs. Its accurate measurement and characterization of fluid properties aid in reservoir engineering, production optimization, and the design of oil and gas production facilities.
> Complete study of PVT on oil and volatile oil GOR < 1 200 Nm3/m3, following 3 steps:
> Constant composition expansion (i.e. CCE) at constant temperature
> Differential vaporization at constant temperature
> Separation tests (several stages at different temperatures)
> Phase envelope (P and T)
> Recombination of oil and separator gas or condensate and separator gas under tank conditions
> Determination of the gas Z-factor