High pressure syringe pump
This high-pressure equipment is integrated into a fluidic system for the study of physico-chemical conditions that may have played a role in the emergence of life on Earth, simulating pressure and temperature conditions akin to deep-sea hydrothermal sources.
The pumps are coupled with microfluidic devices developed at ICMCB. The goal is to precisely control the continuous flow of fluids over a range from very low rates to feed the microfluidic device (~0.1 µL/min) to higher rates (~50 mL/min), aiming to represent the pressure conditions of the studied environments.
The ultimate objective is to achieve a laboratory setup (pumps + mini-reactor + characterization) that faithfully represents natural processes.
Technical Specifications of the Syringe Pump
The syringe pump can be used in a vertical or horizontal position depending on the integrated process. It enables the injection of a fluid at a constant and precisely stable flow rate, consisting of two main elements:
- Motorized syringe pump
Interchangeable syringe (10 mL – 25 mL)
- The syringe can be replaced with another of a different volume.
- Maximum Operating Pressure:
– 10 mL Syringe: 800 bar
– 25 mL Syringe: 340 bar
- Injection Flow Rate:
– 10 mL Syringe: 0.1 µL/min to 60 mL/min
– 25 mL Syringe: 0.25 µL/min to 147 mL/min
- Injection Flow Stability: 0.05 µL/min
- Useful Stroke: 128 mm
- Syringe Material: Hastelloy C-276
- Sealing: Viton (FKM) O-rings
- Connection: 1/8 W125 fitting + adapter to 1/8 Valco (10 kpsi max)
- Pressure Measurement: 1 pressure sensor, 1000 bar
- Pressure Measurement Precision: ±0.1 % PE (±1 bar)
- Operating Temperature: 10°C – 50°C max (no temperature control)
- PC Connection: RS232/485
- Control: Windows-compatible software. Option for control via LabView external software
- Power Supply: 230 V/AC